Sunday, December 23, 2012

2012 almost gone!

Wow. Ok, I've been very bad about posting on the blog. My apologies. What has happened in the past year? Well, the work situation is still extremely high-stress and the funding situation hasn't gotten any better really. So I'm holding on by a thread right now.

My time-management and work-flow niggles have DEFINITELY become less problematic. I'm still using org-mode to handle most of my "to-do" and many other things (including taking notes in meetings!) and it works so well that I've given up on the daily paper to-do list as it takes too much time to write out and I can get more done by recapturing that 20 min to really think out my day.

My Audi has now died. The transmission failed and it's too expensive to replace when I consider the long-term value of the car and how much it's cost to keep it running for the last two years. I love the car though. When it's in tip top shape it's a fantastic driver and was designed for people like me. Now it's a liability that I can't afford.

One of my Christmas break projects is to get some plastering and painting downstairs. If I get that done then I can get back to work on my black telecaster which just needs wiring completed. Also, I'm going to do the best I can to avoid going in to work over the next 6 days. We'll see how that goes.

That's all for now....

No comments: